Field Trip bookings are open to congress registrants (and their accompanying persons) upon full payment of booking fees.
However, a notional registration fee of USD 175 (one-day congress registration fee) is applicable for geoscientists, who wish to participate in the fieldtrips and do not wish to register for the entire period of the congress. Additionally, these delegates can also attend the opening and closing ceremony of the congress.
The last date for booking the field trips has been extended up to 31.12.2019. For participating in the field trips, delegates are required to complete congress registration by 31.12.2019. However, delegates from Prior Reference Countries (PRC) (https://mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/ForeigD-FAQs-on-ConferenceVisa%20%281%29.pdf) & delegates willing to visit Restricted Area Permit (RAP) or Protected Area Permit (PAP) areas (https://www.mea.gov.in/Images/pdf/ForeigD-FAQs-onPAPandRAP.pdf) are required to complete field trip bookings and congress registration by 15.12.2019.
For details visit: https://www.36igc.org/visa-information.
1. Inclusions -
- Boarding & Lodging on single occupancy basis, unless otherwise specified.
- All meals as per itinerary.
- All local ground transfers as per the itinerary (on shared basis).
- Soft beverages & mineral water.
- Field trip Kit Bag with basic stationery and guidebook.
- Cultural Program, if mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any monument or other geo-tourism spot entrance fee as per the itinerary.
2. Exclusions -
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fee etc.
- Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Any entrance fee not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Charges applicable for acquiring Restricted Area Permit (RAP) or Protected Area Permit (PAP).
3. Important Things to Carry-
- Passport, visa (for international delegates), Govt. approved photo ID (for delegates from host/ co-host countries attending field trips in their respective countries) issued by local governments.
- 4 passport size photographs.
- Prescribed medicines, if any.
- Travel and medical insurance documents.
4. Cancellation and Refund Policy-
- Cancellation policy is strictly followed and all cancellation requests must be made in writing to email@example.com from the registered email ID of the participant.
- All cancellations involving a refund will be subject to an administrative fee of USD 100.
- Refunds will be made within 28 days of receipt of cancellation request.
- Cancellation made before 31.12.2019 will have a full refund less administrative fee.
- Cancellation made between 01.01.2020 and 21.01.2020 will have a refund of 50% refund less administrative fee.
- There will be no refund for cancellation made after 21.01.2020.
- No refunds will be made for delegates who miss their pick up as per itinerary.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel / modify the field trip(s) in case of any unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, payments made towards field trip registration will be refunded less administrative fees. Organizers will have no further liability to the participant(s). 36thIGC shall not be held responsible for any cost incurred by the participant, in such cases.
- All trips are subject to minimum numbers being met. In case of cancellations of such trips, alternative trip options shall be offered. Else, participants can opt for full refund less administrative fees.
5. Important Information for Field Trip Participants -
- For pre and post congress Field trips, participants are requested to make their own arrangements to travel between the field area and the congress venue. Suitable visa arrangements may also be made by the participants (single/ multiple entry). Organisers shall issue Invitation letter for facilitating the visit of the delegates/ participants.
- Participants may arrange their own travel insurance to cover any accident, flight delays etc.
- All trips are subject to minimum numbers being met. Participants of the pre and post congress trips are advised to finalize the travel arrangements after the field trips are declared as viable and confirmation for the same is sent (by 31.12.2019) to the participant.
- All trips will begin and end at the scheduled time and place as per itinerary.
- Delegates who register for a tour or field trips agree that registration information (name, emergency contact details, email address and phone number) will be provided to the field trip coordinating leader in order for them to liaise directly with participants regarding their specific tour/field trip. All personal information will be disposed of by data recipients immediately following the scheduled trip.
- All field trip instructions/undertaking forms and contents will be given in English only.
- Any loss/ theft/damage of passport may be reported to the Trip coordinators immediately.
- Participants may vaccinate themselves before travelling.
- The organizers shall not accept any liability for personal injuries or for loss or damage to property belonging to the delegates, either during, or as a result of the field trip.