- 13 Plenary Talk & One Public Lecture
- 45 Themes. 287 Symposia
- Special Theme for national and international scientific organizations
- More than 40 parallel Sessions
- 2000+ E Poster Presentations
- 71 field trips in India and neighboring countries
- State of the Art Convention Centre
- 7000 sq.m. of GeoExpo area
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Welcome to the 36th International Geological Congress!
IGCs have come a long way since their inception in 1878 in Paris. We are, today, on the threshold of witnessing the 36th session of this prestigious global event. With less than a year’s time left for the Congress, the excitement among the geoscientists is strikingly visible and infectious.
India, with the scientific support of Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka will be hosting the 36th IGC at Delhi during 2-8 March 2020. With as many as 12 Plenary Talks by outstanding geoscientists from across the globe, 44 science themes, 71 exciting field trips spread in India and neighboring countries, a far-reaching Geohost Program, a massive Geoexpo, and many other attractions, the Congress promises to be a truly memorable experience.
India is known for its glorious history, rich cultural diversity, scintillating scientific wealth, and immaculate hospitality. We cordially invite you to participate in the Congress and experience the myriad flavors of India.
36th IGC Secretariat
Title of Plenary Talk: The Dynamics of Tectonic, Metamorphic and Hydrothermal Systems
Title of Plenary Talk: Siberia,India and Baltica in Precambrian supercontinents
Title of Plenary Talk: Global changes in the Earth System and Space Observations
Title of Plenary Talk: Secular variation of metamorphism and the evolution of plate tectonics
Title of Plenary Talk: Defending against lava flows: theory, experiment and field confirmation
Title of Plenary Talk: Impact of the Himalayan-Tibetan orogen on global geochemical cycles and climate
Title of Plenary Talk: Challenges of Sustainable Groundwater Management in India
Title of Public Lecture: Tectonically active parts of the restless Indian subcontinent
Title of Plenary Talk: Geology and Tectonic Setting of Gondwana Basin Architecture in the Indian Shield
Title of Plenary Talk: The Evolving Geodynamics of the Himalayan Orogenic Wedge
Title of Plenary Talk: Tectonics, topography and climate of the southern Central Andes
Title of Plenary Talk: Mathematical Geosciences on Digital Earth and Deep Learning for Understanding the Nonlinear Earth Systems
1) Abstract submission deadline extended till 31 October 2019 and Abstract submission is now FREE
2) Attention Early Career and Retired Indian Geoscientists!!! 36th IGC launches the “Special Registration Support Program”; Submit abstract and Apply through the Geohost Channel
3) The delegates who have applied for GeoHost support (including registration fee waiver request), need not register for the congress now. The results of the GeoHost shall be flashed soon after closure of abstract submission process, i.e. after 31 October 2019. In case a delegate does not receive GeoHost support for the registration fees, he/she would be allowed to register for the congress against the prevailing rate of registration, applicable on the day of submission of the GeoHost Application.